There are many reasons why people volunteer:
- To contribute something to society
- Make a difference in people’s lives
- Enhance their CV and job prospects
- Get training and support
- Make new friends and have fun
- Build self-confidence
- Develop skills and experience
In addition to these, volunteering can open up areas in your life which we know will lead to a sense of fulfilment and good citizenship.
All our volunteers will be given a full induction onto the organisation, receive training as necessary, and be fully supported by a clear line management structure. This ongoing support is a very important aspect for many of our volunteers as meaningful and valuable work needs to be delegated and overseen.